Monday 7 November 2016

The Atlantic Road trip

 


Summer is filled with road trips and vacation plans, but as an experienced traveler, I would without a doubt recommend visiting the eastern provinces of Canada. Alluring, engaging, and ravishing are all words, I would use to describe the 3 most stunning provinces Canada has to offer. Atlantic Canada, the 4 provinces commonly referred to as the Maritimes, comprise Quebec, Nova Scotia, PEI and New Brunswick. 

My trip started out driving to Quebec, while the ten hour drive was quite lengthy, to say the least, however it was nothing short of stunning. When we got to Montreal we stopped at a small restaurant to get a taste of Canada's national food, poutine. I can honestly say it was the best poutine I have ever had-and that's coming from a Canadian! While in Montreal, I got to see first hand the impact the French had on the city. The city greatly reminded me of Paris. The streets had a special charm and had little quaint shops on the sides of the streets, it really struck a chord with me. The place we stayed in Montreal was really exquisite, our "backyard" was a view of a lake with classic rural farms in the background. 

We then headed to Nova Scotia, I personally was extremely excited to see the world-famous lighthouse Peggy's Cove. The drive to the lighthouse from our cottage was extremely impressive because the rocks that surrounded the lighthouse gave lighthouse a beautiful, picture-perfect look. The less famous, but equally as impressive tourist destination we visited in Nova Scotia was the Bay of Fundy, if you've ever wanted to know what it's like to walk on the bottom of the ocean, then you'd love the Bay of Fundy.

And finally as we made our way back to Quebec on our return journey we stayed in the house of former Prime Minister Hon. Sir Mackenzie Bowell in Saint Andrew's, a beautiful inn called Tara manor. The inn was very old fashioned, but all the while really cozy. During our time in St. Andrew's, I went whale watching, something I had never done before. I got to see whales, porpoises, dolphins and even some seals.  After whale watching we went to go get some traditional Lobster and mussels from a nearby store. The beady-eyed lobsters came out of the pot and then were served, topped with melted butter. We scarfed them down and even had room for the follow up mussels. I even found a starfish in one!

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my vacation to the East Coast of Canada and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who visits Canada.   
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment